Tuesday 6 July 2010

English Summer Rain

Me standing in front of Carlisle Castle, which is just about a couple miles away from our flat. It was built over 900 years ago as a base against the Scots who were fighting the English over the land.


It's July 6th, cloudy, muggy, and cold once again in Northern England. To the natives this weather is just normal, to me it's quite the opposite. Back in Northern California this time of year is always hot and dry. They really mean it though when they say England is consistently gloomy and rainy. I think we only had about two consecutive months this year that actually had sun exposure. My boyfriend's coworker said this year's climate has been comparable to the weather of Alaska! I believe it and I didn't even experience last winter. Honestly it kind of feels as if I'm in the movie Billy Elliot. Except we're not in a town on the coast (thank god, the coast towns are even colder!). Maybe it's just the Mexican in me or a case of bad circulation, but the lack of warmth has been very hard on my body. ):

Me all bundled up(in a scarf, thermal, sweater, jacket and wool peacoat to be precise) and practically freezing beside the English sea. If you look far behind me you will see Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment